Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hunter's 4th birthday/A first for the boys


After I found the cake upside down

The night before (so pretty!)

After his teeth were all cleaned

during the teeth cleaning




Eating his cheeseburger

My big 4 year old boy!

After I tried to repair the damage


Sorry the pictures are out of order! So Hunter's birthday was April 23. My little man turned 4! I still can't believe it. Time has certainly flown. So several things happened that day. The boys' had their first dentist appointments. I knew I needed to have the boys go see the dentist and it just so happened that the appointment was for Hunter's birthday. So we went. As soon as we walked in Jaxon started to become stuck to me. I literally couldn't pry him off. He is not a fan of the doctor's office. He didn't sit still enough for x-rays and we had to pin him down to clean his teeth (with me as the main restraint. But the good thing that came of it was Jaxon's teeth looked great and there were no problems. For the week leading up to the appointment I was telling the boys what was going to happen so there was no surprises. Jaxon obviousy didn't pay any attention. Hunter on the other hand understood and was telling me what they were going to do all the way to the dentist. He was soo good. He let them take x-rays, clean his teeth and let the doctor examine him. I was so proud of him. So thats the end of that until October for their next check-up.

Now for Hunter's birthday we let him choose what he wants to eat for the day and basically whatever he wants to do (with of course the exception of the dentist). So he chose blueberry muffins for breakfast, pizza for lunch and a McDonald's cheeseburger meal with blue Powerade and french fries for dinner (his favorite meal). I made him a cake for him to blow out the candles. I finished it the night before and was proud of it. Well the boys got into the kitchen before I noticed they were up (I know so bad!). They had dumped a box of Cheerios all over my parents foyer and first couple of stairs and then had flipped over the cake container trying to get into it. I was so upset! After everything was cleaned up, I attempted to salvage what was left of the cake. It didn't turn out bad, but still didn't look perfect to me. After dinner, Mark's dad and step-mom came over (since they were not going to be in town for the boys' joint party), my parents and my friend A came over for Hunter's cake and for him to open the presents from me and Mark. We didn't get him any toys cause we knew that's what everyone was going to get them at their party. So we got him clothes and some new shoes and a few Leap Frog videos which he was the most excited about. He watched a few of the videos while the adults chatted then put on some of his new jamas and went to bed. Long, fun, exhausting, frustrating day!
Also for Hunter's birthday, I had signed the boys up for the California Pizza Kitchen Kids' Club, where they get a free meal during the month of their birthday. So we went their about a week before Hunter's actual birthday and the boys shared a pizza (they couldn't eat a whole one by themselves, its too big for them), ate their yummy bread, and had a sundae with all the fixings!We went for Jaxon's birthday too, on the day of his birthday this time. I will post all the CPK pics in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment