Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day


Hunter signed it on the left corner, Jaxon all over the center and right side :)












Valentine's Day has come and gone. We had very relaxing day. Little to my knowledge the day before, Mark had taken the boys out on the town so I could sleep in (he brought me lunch when they got back :D ) and they had gone to Target and picked me up a Vaentine's gift from the 3 of them. I didn't think we were going to be doing any gifts besides our phones (see a previous entry). I had insisted later that night for us to go to the grocery store so we can do our shopping for the next couple of weeks. Mark had left my gift in the bag on the passenger seat, expecting to come and get in the morning to surprise me when I woke up. So when I get in the car to go to the store I asked what was in the bag. He looks at me and goes "there goes the surprise", I started laughing I apologized and told hiim next time hide it better.He had the boys pick out the cutest card from them and then to encourage my new little hobby he got me a big box of colored pencils (100 pencils, in every color you can think of) since the ones I had been using were a mixture of 3-4 different sets my brother and I had growing up. I also got a pad of drawing paper (I had been using computer paper). I thought it was a sweet gift from my 3 favorite boys. I can't wait till I get some time to myself to try them out.
So the night before Valentine's Day I had made a devil's food cake with vanilla butter frosting with 4 red heart outlines and star sprinkles on top for our dessert for Valentine's Day. To go with this delicious cake I made teriyaki steak (a specialty of mine) for me and Mark (the boys had chicken rings), corn, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese from scratch (got the recipe and idea from Katrina who had made mini mac and cheese bites, and since I didnt have a mini muffin tin I had a regular muffin tin and used that, thanks Katrina;) ). Everything came out great! What a nice day it was!






No comments:

Post a Comment