Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Its been awhile....

So it has been awhile since my last post. Not much has happened with us since then. The boys are doing school still and Mark has been working a lot. Nothing has really changed in our daily life. Taxes have been filed. Yeah! So the plan is too see if any of our credit cards are still open so we can pay those first to keep them open then pay some to the closed ones, but I don't think any of them are still open but just paying something towards them makes me happy and relieves some of the stress from that.

Mark's dad bought the boys the Your Baby Can Read series so yesterday was the first day and they seem to like it. We are going to see if anything comes from it. It would be cool for the videos to actually work and my boys would be able to read before kindergarten. Their school is coming along some days being good and some days not. Last week there was one day of school and the rest was not conducive to school work for anybody.

Mark and I each got new phones with an upgrade from Sprint. I love my new phone a Blackberry Curve 8530. Mark got a Hero HTC I think. So that was our Valentine's gifts to each other, plus we got the new Super Mario Bros for Wii as a joint gift. It has been fun getting to spend some time with him since he has been working so much. We are also doing an early Valentines dinner sometime this week (so we don't intrude on any of our "babysitters" valentines days) and then I will probably make a nice dinner for the 4 of us Valentine's Day. Plus I am going to make devils food cupcakes some with pink frosting, some with white and sprinkles for the occasion.

I had dinner with one of my best friends from hs, A, on Thursday night. We went to TGI Fridays and had a blast talking about anything and everything. We are going to try to do a double date with her bf and her and us and also a group thing with my boys included. We also went to dinner with Mark's sister C, her husband, and some of their friends to La Cocina for her birthday 2 weeks ago. I had never been there before, Mark had, and I enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Unfortunately we left feeling like the "charity cases" for the night, since all of the rest of the party were doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs and we were the lowly "third wheel". We love C and her husband it just felt off for us with their friends who were all really nice but it just wasn't our group. But C said she was so happy we came and we had made her night and birthday so that was the bright spot of the evening.

Our good friend L is getting married at the courthouse on this Thursday to his longtime girlfriend L. She is ready to start a family so they decided to just get the marriage started. I don't know if they are going to do a party with all their friends or not, but I told Mark that since they both don't have any other close friends or family out here that maybe we could go and be their witnesses or something and help celebrate their day with them. I asked my good friend B if she would make a top tier of a wedding cake for them as a wedding gift from us, so I need to double check to see if she is still able to do it.

My brother was in town for a few days and it was great to see him. The boys love seeing their uncle, especially Hunter since he knows and understands who he is, Jaxon is still on the fence about him. He never comes to town enough so its a great surprise when he just shows up middle of the week.

As you can see nothing much has been going on. Just putting our noses to the grindstone and doing what needs doing, with stops along the way to take time for ourselves and boys so we don't lose sight of what is important.

Until next time.
M

No comments:

Post a Comment