Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Girls night

So a group of my best friends from high school and I got together last night. For a majority of us it had been at least 6-7 years since we had seen each other in person. Some had seen others, some through just facebook others just phone calls. 1 I was in touch with regularly. When I thought of the idea to do this I was so hoping that the girls would be as excited as I was. They were! It was such a wonderful night. Lots of talking, eating, laughing. There was never a dull moment, no awkward silence, no strained talks or anything. We caught up on families, friends, politics and a little bit of religion. We went to J's family restaurant (it was great to see her family too) and had wonderful food. In my mind and everyone else's no one had changed, some of us might complain that we are heavier (they all dismissed my weight since I had 2 kids, so my excuse they didn't except), but we all looked the same in my eyes. Many things had changed, but many had not. I was so comfortable and happy I wish the night hadn't ended.

I have to say I have a wonderful life. I have a husband I love who loves me, and 2 beautiful little boys. What more could I ask for? Sometimes looking at my friends and seeing what they are doing career-wise or school-wise I am a little discouraged because I didn't finish college. But then I look at what I have and I realize that I am where I am the happiest. I do hope to go back to school once my boys are in school and become a nurse, maybe do the school nurse route because I want to be there when my boys are home. I was raised that way and I love it. My boys are so important to me that I would do anything for them. I can't wait to have my friends meet my boys and get to know Mark. I can't wait to get to know their significant others and meet their kids when they have them.

Since I have a full life I don't feel like I am missing out on anything, but when I was with my girls last night a piece I didn't know I was missing just fit into place and made me feel more whole than I already was. Luckily for us most of us are local which will make getting together more often easier, especially since they all expressed doing so. One of them, unfortunately lives across the country right now, but whenever she comes into town, there will definitely be another get together, so we can have her there. Mark even told me once we are back in our own place, that we should have all my girlfriends over and do a game night. Which sounds like a blast, of course I would want to add in a movie night, because in high school our parties were movie parties. I of course being the overly sappy person I am, told all my friends my feeling that I have expressed above to them and of course I cried. But they were wonderful.

So know I need to be more productive and stay in touch more often with them. Have lunch or dinner with some of them more often. I don't like making New Year's resolutions, so I won't call this resolution, but it is- to keep in contact with my girlfriends through, emails, phone calls, and visits. Emails maybe once a week, calls once a month, visits as often as we can fit them in.

Thanks to my girls- J, H, A, M, L! You guys are great!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! So excited to see you have a blog! Look forward to following your adorable boys. And maybe we should have a "flute" night sometime. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete