Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Friday, January 1, 2010

First time

I thought I might try out this "blog thing". I wouldn't call it a New Year's resolution, but I thought I would try. I enjoy reading about some of my friends who have blogs, so why not me.

So it is now officially January 1, 2010. I am sitting here in a quiet house trying to think about why to write. For those who don't know 2009 was a rough year for the Millett family. Mark is our sole bread winner while I stay at home with our 2 beautiful boys, Hunter and Jaxon. We were living in a house (renting) over in Old Town Murrieta, Mark had a great job and we weren't struggling,we were paying the bills and getting by. Then came June 6. Mark had been fired. I won't go into the gory details cause it just gets me too upset still. Well Mark was happy cause he had been unhappy for awhile and I tried to be supportive and happy for him. But of course I was stressing out inside. Mark was able to work off July's rent (my dad and his business partner owned the house) so that helped. Unemployment took forever to receive because they were saying they never received the paperwork even though Mark had received confirmation that they had, so that was another stresser because we were already stretched to our limit financially. Then came August and we didn't have the money for rent, so we asked my parents if we could move in, out of our family they had enough room for us even though Mark would have preferred our own place (another long story). Then the day came and we hadd finally finished moving our stuff to storage and my parents house and Mark received a call that we were so excited about. He got a new job!

Now it doesn't pay as much as he was making, but we were just thrilled that he was able to get one and they were already saying how impressed they were with him. So Mark has been working there. Mark's old boss came back and offered his old job back with a raise and some other perks, but Mark said no, but that he would help out at night for a few hours to help with paperwork because he has a good opportunity where he is at. At Mark's new job they are already eyeing him for position of manager when the position comes available. Which is wonderful news for us, I just wish it would happen really, really soon.

So we are now trying to catch up with bills (which is just stressing me out, yet I don't actually pay them, Mark handles that, but everytime I see a envelope for a credit card company, I'm sure my blood pressure jumps).

My boys are growing like weeds. I am teaching them preschool, since we can't afford to put them in a preschool and the fact I don't have a car anymore. Mark has my car since when he was fired he had to give the company car back, and the new job doesn't do that. The boys catch on pretty quickly to new concepts which is great. I reward them with stickers for each school task they do and chore they do and if they meet a quota for the week they get a prize. They love picking out their stickers. Jaxon has fewer things to do since he is still young but he enjoys what he can do. So when Jaxon doesn't have a quota it really depends on what Hunter does for the week. Jaxon takes a lot of his cues from Hunter. So when Hunter does a lot, Jaxon does too and when Hunter does little, Jaxon does too. Right now, since about the week before Christmas, I have them on a Christmas break. So this coming Monday, they will start school again.

Our holidays have been wonderful, full of friends and family. We kept it very simple, which really does fit mine and Mark's personalities. We normally have a bunch of places to go but we just stayed home a lot and spent time with the boys and each other. For New Year's Eve, Mark had his second job to go to so he didn't get in till 11pm, but the boys and I watched the ET Disney channel party and had a mini party at 9 so they could experience it but go to bed at their bed time. They had fun toasting, giving kisses, dancing around and counting down. Then Mark came home and I opened up our Martinelli's and we toasted while watching Dick Clark ring in the New Year. Then this morning I got to sleep in and Mark took the boys to go visit his sister's for a little bit. They are now home and in bed for a nap. Which would be my cue to go take a shower and get ready.

So for 2009 to be over I am glad to look forward to what 2010 brings. I know a lot of it has to do with what you make of it so I am going to try to make it a wonderful year. My boys turn 2 and 4 this year. Mark and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and we turn 27 (ahh!) and 31. SO hopefully this year will be better than last (even though we have had some good times last year- Disneyland, birthdays, first trip to the beach, etc.). So Happy New Year everyone! I will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment