Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Long time....

I know it has been a long time since I have posted an entry or even pictures here. Things have been crazy around here. Ido not even have much time to post this but I will type fast to fill you in on what is going on around the Millett household these days.

Today is Jaxon's 3rd birthday! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. We are keeping it really simple and low key for today. Jaxon gets to do or play with whatever he wants and gets to choose his favorite place for dinner..... McDonald's. He then gets to open up his presents from me and Mark. On Staurday we went to Chuck E. Cheese for Jaxon Day. Since Mark had to work we couldn't do whatever and go wherever Jaxon wanted so we did that Saturday. Both the boys had a blast.

Mark started a new job 2 weeks ago. Long story... it gets me upset still when I think about it, but he seems to like his new place so I am happy.

We had the boys' joint birthday party May 7th. That was stressful (coincides with the long story mentioned above) but everyone had a great time. Mark now wants to do a get together park day with food 1x every couple months cause of how much fun everyone had. I think it is a great idea as long as I do not have to do much work. LOL

Hunter's birthday was on April 23rd. We called it Hunter Day and did whatever he wanted. We went to breakfast, went to the duck pond, went to a park, went to a local children's science museum, Professor Pennypickle's, and went out to dinner. Then we had brownies and he opened his presents from us and my parents. He had so much fun!

Mark's mom, step dad and brother came into town for a short visit at the beginning of April and it was great seeing them, we just wished they had stayed longer and had more time with them. They split their time between 2 of Mark's sister's homes so we were going over there when we could to see them, but hopefully next time we can have just a day with us and them to spend together.

We had a great low key Easter. We stayed at home all day which was nice. The boys really enjoyed finding the eggs becuase the Easter Bunny hid 2 extra special eggs for each of them. The Easter Bunny and its helper (me and my Dad) enjoyed finding places for the eggs to where it was difficult but easy enough for the boys. Same with Mother's Day. We took my mom out to dinner at CPK after Mark, the boys and I went to church.

For Valentine's Day Mark and I had dinner a few days before since we do not want to infringe on anyone else to watch the boys. We had a nice initimate dinner. It was great.

We visited the Wild Animal Park the weekend before Hunter's birthday. The boys had so much fun! The last we had gone was when I was about 7 months prgnant with Jaxon, so it was his first time. They were so good with all the walking and really enjoyed seeing all the different animals especially the butterfly exhibit and the giraffes!

We have had several double dates with another couple. We have gone to the movies, dinner, miniature golf, just lots of fun. They have 2 kids, a boy and girl around my boys' age so the kids always have fun. We have also gone to several friends' kids' birthday parties. The boys have a lot of fun when they get to play with kids their own age since we are usually stranded at home during the day, we don't get much playdates.

I have also still been having my dinner dates with my best girlfriend from hs A. We always have so much fun together. The bpys and Mark both love her too so its great! We are planning on taking the boys to Sea World this summer once she is done teaching for the summer. It should be fun. I have had a couple of lunch dates with other friends from high school too and they have been fun.

Hunter starts Kindergarten in August! I am excited yet sad to see my oldest and my baby go to school. He is excited though and can't wait. I signed him up for the new extended day class and we should find out soon if he gets in or not due to a lottery for spots. I will continue to homeschool preschool for Jaxon. I am excited though because I get to spend the next 2 yrs with several hours of just Jaxon and me time which I haven't had with him like I did with Hunter.

I am still going to school. I am able 5 or 6 classes in. There are days where I am stressed from trying to get my homework done and deal the boys and everything else in our lives but its going well. I have a 4.0 average so far so I think I am doing good. =)

I think that is everything. I have to finish somethings for school along with decorate the boys' door for Jaxon's birthday, plus wrap his presents and get myslef ready for the day.

Hope to update soon!!! XOXO

P.S.- Even though I have not kept up on writing, I have been able to stay up-to-date on all your lives! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment