Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Busy Bee

So it has been awhile since my last post. I have been busy! I have been continuing with the boys' school. That takes up a lot of my time... well it is actually all the prep work going into each month that is the busy part. Mark and I celebrated our birthdays back in October. Had a family party with his family to celebrate. We didn't do anyhting special becuase we had a bad week that week and weren't in the mood to celebrate (long story still not wanting to share still =( ). Then there was Halloween which was a lot of fun. We went trick-or-treating with our really close friends in their neighborhood.

We have been spending time just as a family a lot lately. For Thanksgiving we spilt it between my family in the AM, then Mark's family in the PM. I spent a lot of time that day talking with my nephews girlfriend, giving her the lowdown on family dynamics and general chitchat. She happens to be the youngest sister of 3 guys I has in high school and band with so we have mutual friends. Unfortunately Mark had to work the day after Thanksgiving and then Sat morning =( which sucked but hey he got paid! It wasn't as if we were doing anything, especially going out shopping. I had to deal with that madhouse when I worked for Target. I will never go shopping that weekend. Plus the things I want to get are never whats on sale, so to me it isn't worht it. A lot of the deals are actual not that good and the best time is about 1-2 weeks after, thats when you get really great deals! A lot of the "winter" clothing goes on clearance so you save more money that way.

I have had a few "showcases" (Pampered Chef, Hush, Tastefully Simple, etc.) that I have attended in the last few weeks to "have bodies" there for my friends who have hosted. Haven't bought anything though. One of my closest friend's younger sister just had her bridal shower last week (thrown together winthin a week too) and I helped out by doing the games. She is getting married in a few days from now and I wish her and her soon-to-be hubby and the happiness in the world. They are a great couple and have known them for awhile now.

We have finally finished our Christmas shopping. I went to the local Dollar Tree on Wednesday and stocked up on stuff for the boys. A lot of puzzles and coloring book and workbooks for school. Pencils and crayons for Hunter and crayons for Jaxon. I also found some books I think they will like. I also got some candy for their, Marks and my stockings. Spent more than I thought, but then again I haven't been since last Christmas and I have been wanting to do a June run to find stuff for summer and prep for their "new school year". Then yesterday we finished up shopping at Traget for the "big" presents. Clothes, toys, few snacks that the boys were out of. Again spent a little more than what we had thought to spend, but Target has something about it that makes you spend more than planned. We still need to get my parents gift, a VISA gift card, so they can have a nice dinner out and a movie, since they are always stressing about money and never treat themselves, then you add in that it is a big thank you from us for letting us stay with them this past 1.5 yrs. Next up is Christmas Eve with Mark's family for Christmas and Mark's dad's 77th birthday (he was born on Christmas Day!). We have a big dinner and spend time together. Christmas Day will be with my family. Big dinner and relaxing. It is nice that we don't have to run around on Christmas especially since the boys just want to play with their toys all day. We might visit our friends too but it just depends how we feel. Then the next day is my high school band reunion at our old directors house. I have yet to go but I am excited to go this year. I will go by myself, Mark will stay with the boys, andI feel he might be a little bored since he wouldn't know anyone and all we will be doing is catching up and reminiscing, but I am going to try to convince my friend A to go with me.

I had 2 of my cousins come over on Friday to hang out and we also took them out to celebrate their birthdays (one is Nov and one is in dec). The boys had so much fun playing with them. I havent laughed so hard in a long time. I will miss the older one when she graduates hs this june and goes back east for college, but I will have the other one here still and hope to watch her perform in her hs marching band more! I have also been hanging out with A alot or as much as our schedules will allow. We had a Harry Potter movie party to celebrate the new one that came out, plus have had some girls nights out. I am also hoping to get my best friends from high school together again for a holiday dinner. I want to make it at least a yearly thing. I just need to see if we can get our schedules to mash up.

The biggest news for us is that I have gone back to school!!!! I am doing an online program through Ashford University (an friend from high school works from them and attends also and told me about it) to get my BA in Psychology and then from there I am going to go to nursing school. I am doing the BA firt because it is all online and since we still only have 1 car it works out better. Once I am done with the BA both the boys should be in school and we will have a second car so then I can go to classes when they are in school. I have just finish my last assignment for my 3rd week so I am free until Jan 4 when I start back for the 4th week of my first class (which last 5wks). There has been some adjusting and juggling but we will make it work. Mark has been so supportivethrough these past few weeks which just makes me love him even more.

Other than that life is moving along.

Time to get in the shower while the boys are asleep!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment