Millett Family

Millett Family

Background

The Millett Family Adventures

Welcome to my blog that will follow my family, the Milletts, on our day-to-day life, trips, and adventures we might come across.

Monday, March 22, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

I am a little late getting the St. Patrick's Day post up. The 2 days leading up to St. Patrick's Day, I had lessons to start getting them in the mood. On Monday we talked about green things and shamrocks and played some matching games with green things. On Tuesday, I told them about Ireland. I showed them pictures of Ireland and played Irish music for them.

Now it was Wednesday. We had a fun day. I had lots of things planned for the boys. First up was breakfast. I made them green blueberry muffins. Hunter really enjoyed them he ate 2. Jaxon didn't really like them too much so I ended up giving to Hunter for a total of 3. He kept telling me they were delicious.


After breakfast I dressed them in green and then decorated their door. Jaxon enjoyed touching the little pictures of leprechauns, rainbows, and pots of gold and telling me what they were. Hunter kept telling me the door was pretty.


Next up came lunch. I made them green macaroni and cheese. I used too much food coloring and dyed the macaroni darker than I wanted. Jaxon loved his and scarfed down 2 bowls worth, but it took Hunter some time before he finished just one bowl. After lunch, we had school. I read to them stories about the History of St. Patrick's Day, stories about leprechauns and other mythical stories from Ireland. They played some matching games about St. Patrick's Day too.

When my mom got home I roped her and my dad in to helping out with a "Leprechaun Gold Hunt". My mom would lead the boys around outside looking for the leprechaun while my dad hid by the back gate with a mask I had made him (a leprechaun face on a stick) pretending to be the leprechaun while I took pictures and video. The boys had a blast running around looking for him, especially Hunter. They spotted the "leprechaun" peering over the gate and took off after him. Hunter unfortunately realized that grandpa was not a real leprechaun and started to get mad. We had the boys tag the leprechaun so he could take him to his rainbow and pot of gold (picture of a rainbow taped up with cups that had cookies and candy inside with a picture of a pot of gold taped to the front of it). Hunter was a little sad there weren’t actually gold coins in the cup, but he enjoyed the treasure regardless.












For dinner I didn’t make any real traditional foods. I made steak (boys wanted cereal), au gratin potatoes. For dessert we had devil’s food cake with vanilla butter frosting. It was delicious. Great end to a great day.












No comments:

Post a Comment